ALERT:Â Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that youÂ select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,Â you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Continuing Attention to Enduring Issues in Psychology
This 12-month access code card gives you access to all of myPsychLabâs tools and resources. Want a complete e-book of your textbook, too? Buy immediate access to myPsychLab with Pearson eText online with a credit card at www.myPsychlab.com
Understanding Psychology, 10th edition highlights the enduring issues that cut across and unite all subfields of psychology- Person-Situation, Nature-Nurture, Stability-Change, Diversity-Universality, and Mind-Body- to show students the surprising unity and coherence of the diverse and exciting science of psychology.
This 14-chapter program presents a scientific, accurate, and current overview of the fundamental concepts of psychology in a clear and accessible language, with significant emphasis on applications of psychology. It is current without being trendy.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experienceâ for you and your students. Hereâs how:
- Personalize Learning - The new MyPsychLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking â Five enduring themes are woven throughout the text to help students connect ideas across chapters, while critical thinking questions within chapters push students to a deeper understanding of the material.
- Engage Students â Applying Psychology exercises in each chapter allow students to connect what they have learned to real-life problems and situations, such as how to use the principles of psychology to tackle environmental conservation.
- Explore Research â This introductory book references relevant research reflecting how psychology is both rapidly evolving and remaining the same. Using the Experimentâs Tool in the new MyPsychLab, students participate in classic experiment simulations to experience the research process firsthand.
- Support Instructors â This book is supported by Pearsonâs unrivaled instructor resources for introductory psychology, including the new 17 episode MyPsychLab video series, an expansive class-tested Test Bank, interactive PowerPoints, an easy to use Instructorâs Manual, Clicker questions and support for a broad range of learning management systems.
Note: MyPsychLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPsychLab, please visit: www.mypsychlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MyPsychLab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205843387/ ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205843381.